[openstack-dev] [tc] Question about electorate for project without gerrit contribution

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Mar 10 23:45:14 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-10 22:05:00 +0000 (+0000), Tristan Cacqueray wrote:
> Projects such as Openstack UX, Packaging Deb and i18n do not have active
> contributions we can collect from git repos listed as project
> deliverables. For these projects, how can the election officials
> validate PTL candidacy and what would be the electorate roll in case of
> an election ?

The electorate rolls for project-teams without any
deliverables/repos end up being limited to the "extra-atc" entries
for them. For example, the I18N team has done an excellent job of
providing a curated list of active translators, rendered at:

http://governance.openstack.org/reference/projects/i18n.html#extra-atcs

I guess for teams with no deliverables *and* no extra ATCs, they
probably also don't need a PTL?

Packaging-Deb is the only one I see in an especially strange state
at the moment: it has one existing repo (the rest are phantoms which
were never created) with two Gerrit changes, both owned by the
team's sole code contributor (based on our traditional process of
enumerating Gerrit change owners)... Congratulations, Monty, on your
new de facto PTL-ship!

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:merged+project:openstack/deb-openstack-pkg-tools

Obviously, we'll need the TC to step in on unusual corner cases with
inactive/newly-minted teams, such as this one.
--
Jeremy Stanley