[openstack-dev] [all][zaqar][cloudkitty] Default ports list

Xav Paice xavpaice at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 21:54:13 UTC 2016

On 11 March 2016 at 10:45, Morgan Fainberg <morgan.fainberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Xav Paice <xavpaice at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> A simple list is probably enough for a quick ref - it's not a massive
>> blocker if two projects slip up and get the same port number, and yes if
>> they're doing subpaths and not ports then great.  Doesn't need to be a gate
>> item.  But it helps communications if we have a list, even if that's
>> temporary.
>>

> I really disagree that it doesn't need to be a gate item. It should
> absolutely be gated on that services can run as a subpath.

Ah - yes I didn't make that very clear at all, did I....  I don't think
that selecting port numbers that don't conflict with other projects should
be a gate item, simply because it's easy to change, and we're trying to
steer away from that model.  I'm OK with that.  But yes, subpaths being
unique should be gated otherwise we'll have all sorts of pain.