[openstack-dev] [all][zaqar][cloudkitty] Default ports list

Chris Dent cdent+os at anticdent.org
Thu Mar 10 13:28:21 UTC 2016

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016, Sean Dague wrote:

> These are HTTP services. They really shoudn't be claiming new ports,
> they should be running on a real webserver on 80 or 443.
>
> There is some legacy there with the original services that we are
> churning through. It would be nice if new services *started* with
> staying on wsgi only, and stopped grabbing random ports.

+many. It would be great if we just got rid of the runnable web
servers in the projects and just expose wsgi apps (the tools like
devstack etc mounted under whatever the available server is).

Also, as already stated sort of vaguely earlier in the thread, isn't
it the case that if you aren't using the service catalog to find an
endpoint, you're doing it wrong?

--
Chris Dent               (¨s¡ã¡õ¡ã)¨s¦à©ß©¥©ß            http://anticdent.org/