[openstack-dev] [all][zaqar][cloudkitty] Default ports list

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Thu Mar 10 09:04:50 UTC 2016

Le 09/03/2016 23:41, Matt Fischer a écrit :
> This is not the first time. Monasca and Murano had a collision too[1].
> When this happens the changes trickle down into automation tools also
> and complicates things.
>
> [1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/murano/+bug/1505785

IMHO, all that info has to be standardized in the Service Catalog.
That's where endpoint informations can be found for a specific service
type and that's the basement for cross-project communication.

FWIW, there is one cross-project spec trying to clean-up the per-project
bits that are not common
https://github.com/openstack/openstack-specs/blob/master/specs/service-catalog.rst

I'm torn between 2 opinions :
  - either we consider that all those endpoints are (or should be - for
those which aren't) manageable thru config options, and thus that's not
a problem we should solve. Any operator can then modify the ports to
make sure that two conflicting big-tent projects can work together.
  - or, we say that it can be a concern for interoperability, and then
we should somehow ensure that all projects can work together. Then, a
documentation link isn't enough IMHO, we should rather test that.