[openstack-dev] The #openstack-packaging channel requires an invite?

Joshua Harlow harlowja at fastmail.com
Wed Mar 9 18:52:38 UTC 2016

On 03/09/2016 10:28 AM, Matt Riedemann wrote:
> Is that still a thing and if so, do they congregate somewhere? Because
> *that's* where I think people need to go, not the #openstack-stable
> channel.

There is an #openstack-anvil channel,

The anvil project had/has similar goals of being a cross-distro
packager: https://anvil.readthedocs.org/en/latest/topics/summary.html

U can feel free to use the #openstack-anvil channel if u so desire ;)

Overall though, I agree, it does seem odd that #openstack-packaging got
moved to #openstack-stable since to me the two things are different (one
is about packaging things, one is about stable openstack releases?) but
maybe I'm also missing some context.

-Josh