[openstack-dev] The #openstack-packaging channel requires an invite?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Mar 9 17:48:11 UTC 2016

Someone showed up in the -stable channel this morning asking for help
with packaging. I gather they were there because the IRC wiki [1] says
the #openstack-stable channel is also for packaging discussions, given
-stable originated from distro people.

I redirected them to https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Packaging which
points to https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PackagerResources which says:

"The #openstack-packaging channel on Freenode is available for packaging
collaboration and discussion."

Great!

However, you have to apparently be invited to join the elite
#openstack-packaging channel.

What gives? Is that channel dead? Is there something else? Is there a
secret handshake I can learn to palms to grease to get in?

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/IRC

Matt Riedemann