[openstack-dev] [neutron][release] Releasing python-neutronclient 4.1.2?

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Mar 8 22:07:00 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Armando M.'s message of 2016-03-08 12:49:16 -0700:
> Hi folks,
>
> There's a feature or two that are pending to be delivered in Mitaka [1,2],
> and those involve changes to both the server and client sides. Ideally we'd
> merge both sides in time for Mitaka RC and that implies that we would be
> able to release a new version of the client including changes [3,4]. This
> is especially important since a new client release would be beneficial to
> improving test coverage as needed by [5].
>
> Considering what we released already, and what the tip of master is for the
> client [6], I can't see any side effect that a new neutronclient release
> may introduce.
>
> Having said that, I am leaning towards the all-or-none approach, but the
> 'all' approach is predicated on the fact that we are indeed allowed to
> release a new client and touch the global requirements.
>
> What's the release team's recommendation? Based on it, we may want to
> decide to defer these to as soon as N master opens up.

I'm a bit reluctant to start touching the requirements lists for
feature work. We do have some bug fixes in the pipeline that will
require library releases, but those are for bugs not new features.
We also have one or two libs where feature work needed to be extended,
but none of those have dependencies outside of the project producing
them.

The main reason to require a client release is for some *other* project
to take advantage of the new feature work. Is that planned?

Doug