[openstack-dev] [trove][stable] proboscis tests randomly failing in stable branches; bug 1538506

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Mar 8 21:17:56 UTC 2016

On 3/8/2016 1:18 PM, Amrith Kumar wrote:
> Matt,
>
> See inline below.
>
> -amrith

Well, the point I'm trying to get to is, I don't think troveclient <
2.1.0 will work with the trove-api in mitaka.

For example, in my change to revert the slave_of removal in the client:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/290048/

That fails in the API:

http://logs.openstack.org/48/290048/2/check/gate-trove-functional-dsvm-mysql/ddd3089/logs/screen-tr-api.txt.gz#_2016-03-08_19_30_32_790

"Validation error: instance Additional properties are not allowed
(u'slave_of' was unexpected)"

So if my client application that I wrote in liberty was using slave_of,
it's happily working until the cloud that my application is running on
upgrades to mitaka, then things break.

Part of the issue here is the backward incompatible change in the trove
API. The other part is, the trove API in mitaka requires
troveclient>=2.1.0 because that's what removed slave_of.

Right?

I'm trying to sort out what a valid troveclient is for master, because I
don't really trust what's in global-requirements since trove hasn't been
testing with those versions, at least not at the lower bound of 1.2.0.

Matt Riedemann