[openstack-dev] [ceilometer] Could not get ceilometer events for instances running on demo tenant

Umar Yousaf umarusaf902 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 20:48:53 UTC 2016

I have a single node configuration for devstack liberty working and I want
to record all the *ceilometer events* like compute.instance.start,
compute.instance.end, compute.instance.update etc occurred recently.
I am unable to get any event occurred for instances running for demo
project i.e when I try *ceilometer event-list* I end up with an empty list
but I could fortunately get all the necessary events occurred for instances
running for admin project/tenant with the same command, I already have set
following in ceilometer.conf

 [notification]
 store_events = True

In addition to this I want to get these through python client so if someone
could provide me with the equivalent python call, that would be more than
handy.
Thanks in advance :)
Regard,
Umar