[openstack-dev] [openstack][keystone] What is the difference between auth_url and auth_uri?

Jamie Lennox jamielennox at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 01:43:58 UTC 2016

This is an unfortunate naming scheme that is a long story. Simple version
is:

auth_url is what the auth plugin is using, so where the process will
authenticate to before it authenticates tokens, probably an internal url.
auth_uri is what ends up in the WWW-Authenticate: keystone-uri= header and
so should be the unversioned public endpoint.

Sorry for the confusion.