[openstack-dev] [oslo] Common RPC Message Trace Mechanism

Ken Giusti kgiusti at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:36:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

The 'trace' boolean offered by the AMQP 1.0 driver exposes a debug feature
that is provided by the Proton library.  This is specific to the Proton
library - I'm not sure kombu/zmq/etc offer a similar feature.

As Xuanzhou points out, this debug tool merely prints to stdout a summary
of each AMQP 1.0 protocol frame before it is written/after it is read from
the socket.  It prints the entire protocol exchange (control frames, etc)
and is not limited to just the message traffic.  Given that, I don't think
the transport drivers can implement such a low level debug feature unless
it is offered by the protocol libraries themselves.

-K