[openstack-dev] [telemetry][aodh] "aodh alarm list" vs "aodh alarm search"

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Mon Mar 7 13:05:04 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 07 2016, gordon chung wrote:

> shall we drop 'alarm search' nomenclature and use just 'alarm list' for
> both queries (standard and complex). the concern i have right now is the
> proposal is to add standard query support to 'alarm list' while complex
> query support is in 'alarm search'. this is very confusing especially
> because both commands use '--query' as their option input.

So you have to differentiate 2 things: the REST API and the CLI.
You can't merge both on the REST API side, because the complex query
system require to send a JSON object, so that requires a POST – whereas
listing is simply done via GET. That part we can't merge together.

Now, if your plan is to merge both command on the CLI side, I see no
objection. That's probably a good UX point.

--
Julien Danjou
# Free Software hacker