[openstack-dev] (no subject)

郝启臣 adsl123gg2008 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 12:32:07 UTC 2016

I have a blueprint for glance,can anybody give me some advice?

blueprint link:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/glance-store/+spec/image-compress

When we make a qcow2 image and prepare to upload it to glance,the image
usually be large and can be compress,so it's better to compress the image
in the client side and upload the compressed image to glance,which will
save much store space.
compress wiki--https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Shrink_Qcow2_Disk_Files

Also,the image store is not safe in glance,if someone can access the
directory,he can get the image file and steal the information of the
image,so we'd better encrypt the image(use libvirt,
https://libvirt.org/formatstorageencryption.html).