[openstack-dev] [fuel] Newton PTL and CL elections

Dmitry Borodaenko dborodaenko at mirantis.com
Fri Mar 4 19:19:29 UTC 2016

On Thu, Mar 03, 2016 at 10:34:30AM +0100, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Dmitry Borodaenko wrote:
> >Team,
> >
> >We're only two weeks away from the beginning of the Newton elections
> >period. Based on the Fuel 9.0/Mitaka release schedule [0], I propose the
> >following dates for PTL and CL self-nomination and election periods:
> >
> >PTL self-nomination: March 13-20
> >PTL election: March 21-27
> >CL self-nomination: March 28-April 3
> >CL election: April 4-10
>
> Note that since Fuel is now an official project, the Fuel PTL election will
> be organized by the election officials (under the Technical Committee
> oversight).
>
> Tentative dates have been posted here:
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/election/tree/events.yaml

My apologies, should have done my homework better... For the reference,
here's the wiki page for PTL elections that I should have read:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PTL_Elections_March_2016

Updated dates based on openstack/election events.yaml:

PTL self-nomination: March 11-17
PTL election: March 18-24
CL self-nomination: March 25-31
CL election: April 1-7

Can we fit the component leads election into the same process (i.e.
component lead candidates would self-nominate by submitting
candidates/<cycle>/<project_name>/<candidate_name>.txt files to
openstack/election)?

--
Dmitry Borodaenko