[openstack-dev] [oslo] upgrade implications of lots of content in paste.ini

Michael Krotscheck krotscheck at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 18:30:52 UTC 2016

All patches have been proposed, with the exception of ironic, which
implemented its own config generator which does not support defaults. The
patch list is available here:


On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 8:59 AM Michael Krotscheck <krotscheck at gmail.com>

> The keystone patch has landed. I've gone ahead and filed the appropriate
> launchpad bug to address this issue:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.config/+bug/1551836
> Note: Using latent configuration imposes a forward-going maintenance
> burden on all projects impacted, if released in mitaka. As such I recommend
> that all PTL's mark this as a release-blocking bug, in order to buy us more
> time to get these patches landed. I am working as best I can, however I
> cannot guarantee that I'll be able to land all these patches in time.
> Additionally, I will not be able to address issues caused by projects that
> have not adopted oslo.config's generate-config. I hope those teams will be
> able to find their own paths forward.
> Who is willing to help?
> Michael
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 6:09 AM Michael Krotscheck <krotscheck at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Alright, I have a first sample patch up for what was discussed in this
>> thread here:
>> (Keystone) https://review.openstack.org/#/c/285308/
>> The noted TODO on that is the cors middleware should (eventually) provide
>> its own set_defaults method, so that CORS_OPTS isn't exposed publicly.
>> However, dhellmann doesn't believe we have time for that in Mitaka, since
>> oslo_middleware is already frozen for the release. I'll mark it as a todo
>> item for myself, as the next cycle will contain a good amount of additional
>> work on this portion of openstack.
>> Given the time constraints, I'll wait until Tuesday for everyone to weigh
>> in on the implementation. After that I will start converting the other
>> projects over as best I can and as I have time. Who is willing to help?
>> Michael
>> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 9:05 AM Michael Krotscheck <krotscheck at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 10:18 AM Morgan Fainberg <
>>> morgan.fainberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>> I am against "option 1". This could be a case where we classify it as a
>>>> release blocking bug for Mitaka final (is that reasonable to have m3 with
>>>> the current scenario and final to be fixed?), which opens the timeline a
>>>> bit rather than hard against feature-freeze.
>>> This sounds like a really good way to get us more time, so I'm in favor
>>> of this. However, even with the additional time I will not be able to land
>>> all these patches on my own.
>>> Who is willing to help?
>>> Michael
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/attachments/20160304/f6cc5b3e/attachment.html>

More information about the OpenStack-dev mailing list