[openstack-dev] [nova] deprecating pluggable managers

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Thu Mar 3 19:31:51 UTC 2016

As we were evaluating bits of configuration that we really don't expect
people to use, one of the issues is pluggable managers. From the early
days of Nova the classes that ran the service managers were defined in
the config file. However, something we largely haven't supported in a
real way in a while (there is no contract on these interfaces).

The following patch deprecates these -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/287867/

A number of them will be removed in Newton. Compute Manager will live
for a bit longer as the Ironic team uses that for some HA scenarios.
However there is a plan forward to stop needing this plug point.
However, deprecating these helps signal that even if not immediately
removed, these are not things people should be building off of.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
http://dague.net