[openstack-dev] [ironic] Remember to follow RFE process

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 10:01:14 UTC 2016

Hi,

> Ironic'ers, please remember to follow the RFE process; especially the cores.
>
> I noticed that a patch [1] got merged yesterday. The patch was associated
> with an RFE [2] that hadn't been approved yet :-( What caught my eye was
> that the commit message didn't describe the actual API change so I took a
> quick look at the (RFE) bug and it wasn't documented there either.
>
> As a reminder, the RFE process is documented [3].
>
> Spec cores need to try to be more timely wrt specs (I admit, I am guilty).
> And folks, especially cores, ought to take more care when reviewing.
> Although I do feel like there are too many things that a reviewer needs to
> keep in mind.
>
> Should we revert the patch [1] for now? (Disclaimer. I haven't looked at the
> patch itself. But I don't think I should have to, to know what the API
> change is.)

Thanks for calling it out Ruby, that's unfortunate that the patch was
merged without the RFE being approved. About reverting the patch I
think we shouldn't do that now because the patch is touching the API
and introducing a new microversion to it.

And yes, as reviewers let's try to improve our process. We probably
should talk about how we can do it in the next upstream meeting.

Cheers,
Lucas