[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS]Removing LBaaS v1 - are we ready?

Doug Wiegley dougwig at parksidesoftware.com
Wed Mar 2 15:22:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

A few things:

- It’s not proposed for removal in Mitaka. That patch is for Newton.
- HEAT and Horizon are planned for Mitaka (see neutron-lbaas-dashboard for the latter.)
- I don’t view this as a “keep or delete” question. If sufficient folks are interested in maintaining it, there is a third option, which is that the code can be maintained in a separate repo, by a separate team (with or without the current core team’s blessing.)

No decisions have been made yet, but we are on the cusp of some major maintenance changes, and two deprecation cycles have passed. Which path forward is being discussed at today’s Octavia meeting, or feedback is of course welcomed here, in IRC, or anywhere.

Thanks,
doug