[openstack-dev] [keystone][nova] Many same "region_name" configuration really meaingful for Multi-region customers?

Kai Qiang Wu wkqwu at cn.ibm.com
Wed Mar 2 04:01:33 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Right now, we found that nova.conf have many places for region_name
configuration. Check below:

nova.conf

*******
[cinder]
os_region_name = ***

[neutron]
region_name= ***

*******

From some mult-region environments observation, those two regions would
always config same value.
Question 1: Does nova support config different regions in nova.conf ? Like
below

[cinder]

os_region_name = RegionOne

[neutron]
region_name= RegionTwo

From Keystone point, I suspect those regions can access from each other.

Question 2:  If all need to config with same value, why we not use single
region_name in nova.conf ? (instead of create many region_name in same
file )

Is it just for code maintenance or else consideration ?

Could nova and keystone community members help this question ?

Thanks

Best Wishes,
Kai Qiang Wu (吴开强  Kennan)
IBM China System and Technology Lab, Beijing

E-mail: wkqwu at cn.ibm.com
Tel: 86-10-82451647
Address: Building 28(Ring Building), ZhongGuanCun Software Park,
         No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing P.R.China
100193