[openstack-dev] [Fuel] [FFE] Use packetary for building ISO

Vladimir Kozhukalov vkozhukalov at mirantis.com
Tue Mar 1 14:36:43 UTC 2016

Dear colleagues,

I'd like to request a feature freeze exception for "Use packetary for
building ISO". BP [0]

There is PR in packetary itself [1]. And one pull request in fuel-main [2].

For ISO build process this feature means we will use the same command 'make
iso' but another set of environment variables.

This change is going to make ISO build process fully data driven (yaml). It
will allow us to build ISO with various sets of repositories (upstream fuel
repo, custom repos, etc.) Also it is going to make ISO build process even
faster (about 5 minutes).

Risk to affect other teams is medium. Merge plan is as follows:

1) We will create a parallel ISO build job with new set of variables and
make it use fuel-main request (not merging it)
2) We will run this job for couple of days and run smoke and BVT tests
3) Once everything is ready and working we will merge fuel-main patch and
declare this new job as our product ISO job
4) We will create custom jobs with this new set of variables

[0] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/use-packetary-in-fuel
[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/286576
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/283976

Vladimir Kozhukalov