[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-wg/news

Everett Toews everett.toews at RACKSPACE.COM
Thu Jun 30 16:42:47 UTC 2016

Greetings OpenStack community,

A few interesting developments in the API WG this week.

The API WG reviewed the new Glance Artifact Repository (aka Glare) API [4]. The team was already adhering to most of the API WG guidelines [3] and after some reviews they were able to get excellent coverage of the guidelines for their API. Kudos to the team!

Based on some new information, a couple of guildelines have been abandoned. The "Add version discovery guideline" [5] was abandoned when we realized we have a very high level conflict here with the microversion version discovery guideline. The "Add guideline for Experimental APIs" [6] was abandoned when the author decided to discuss it further and explore the alternate direction pointed in the reviews.

# Recently merged guidelines

Nothing new in the last two weeks.

# API guidelines proposed for freeze

The following guidelines are available for broader review by interested parties. These will be merged in one week if there is no further feedback.

None this week

# Guidelines currently under review

These are guidelines that the working group are debating and working on for consistency and language. We encourage any interested parties to join in the conversation.

* Get rid of the DRAFT warning at the top of guidelines
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/330687/
* Remove "Conveying error/fault information" section
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/330876/
* Add the beginning of a set of guidlines for URIs
  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/322194/
* Add description of pagination parameters
  https://review.openstack.org/190743

Note that some of these guidelines were introduced quite a long time ago and need to either be refreshed by their original authors, or adopted by new interested parties. If you're the author of one of these older reviews, please come back to it or we'll have to mark it abandoned.

# API Impact reviews currently open

Reviews marked as APIImpact [1] are meant to help inform the working group about changes which would benefit from wider inspection by group members and liaisons. While the working group will attempt to address these reviews whenever possible, it is highly recommended that interested parties attend the API-WG meetings [2] to promote communication surrounding their reviews.

To learn more about the API WG mission and the work we do, see OpenStack API Working Group [3].

Thanks for reading and see you next week!

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+AND+(message:ApiImpact+OR+message:APIImpact),n,z
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/API-WG#Agenda
[3] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/api-wg/
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/283136/