[openstack-dev] [Nova] Deprecated Configuration Option in Nova Mitaka Release

HU, BIN bh526r at att.com
Thu Jun 30 16:35:16 UTC 2016

Hello Nova team,

I am a newbie of Nova. I read your documentation http://docs.openstack.org/mitaka/config-reference/tables/conf-changes/nova.html regarding new, updated and deprecated options in Mitaka for Compute. I have a few questions:

-          For those deprecated options, does it mean it won't be supported in Mitaka and future release at all? Or is there a grace period so that we, as a user, can gradually transition from Liberty to Mitaka?

-          What is the rationale of some deprecated options, for example, "[DEFAULT] network_api_class". It seems to me that it provides end users with flexibility in configuring backends. So what is the rationale of deprecating this option and is there equivalent method in Mitika to replace this option?

Thank you very much
Bin