[openstack-dev] [tripleo] glance backend: replace swift by file in CI

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Wed Jun 29 15:10:27 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 02:59:45PM +0200, Dmitry Tantsur wrote:
> On 06/28/2016 01:37 PM, Erno Kuvaja wrote:
> > TL;DR
> >
> > Makes absolutely sense to run file backend on single node undercloud at CI.
> >
> > Few more comments inline.

> > > Swift proxy pipeline:
> > > pipeline = catch_errors healthcheck cache ratelimit bulk tempurl
> > > formpost authtoken keystone staticweb proxy-logging proxy-server
> >
> > Some things I do not think we benefit having there if we want to
> > experiment still with swift in undercloud:
>
> I hope we're not removing it completely...

No, definitely not - we require Swift for several things other than backing
glance, including:

- Storing introspection data from ironic-inspector
- Signals/Metadata-polling for Heat using the tempurl transport
- Mistral deployment workflows, where plans are pushed into swift

> > staticweb - do we need containers being presented as webpages?
> > tempurl - Id assume we can expect the user having access the needed
> > objects with their own credentials.
>
> Please leave it there, we need it to support agent_* family of ironic
> drivers.

Yes, we need tempurl for heat metadata/signals and also upload of artefacts
such as puppet modules to the nodes, so we definitely need tempurl.

Steve