[openstack-dev] [kolla][keystone] is there chance the keystone cached the catalog and can not get the latest endpoints?

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 12:32:29 UTC 2016

In Kolla CI, we see[1]

publicURL endpoint for compute service not found

this error for many times. The bug is here[0]

After some debug, I found the endpoint is exist in the DB. But when running
`nova service-list`
It says `publicURL endpoint for compute service not found
​`​. After a few seconds, when you run
the `nova service-list` again. it works as expected.

I think the root cause it the keystone. seem that the keystone cached the
catalog, and return
the cached version without query it from the DB. So anyone can explain why
it happen? and how to
avoid this( any workaround?)

The env:
OS/Docker image: no matter, this happen on both CentOS and Ubuntu
OpenStack: master branch

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/kolla/+bug/1587226
[1]
http://logs.openstack.org/91/328891/5/check/gate-kolla-dsvm-deploy-oraclelinux-source/3af433c/console.html#_2016-06-29_10_10_33_298298