[openstack-dev] [fuel] Ability to colocate roles

Alex Schultz aschultz at mirantis.com
Tue Jun 28 16:15:05 UTC 2016

Hey fuel folks,

So I know we have designation of conflicts[0] on roles to prevent two roles
from being on the same node. Should we also support a colocation option?
My thought behind this is that if we were to expose more of the underlying
functionality (such as a corosync role), we could then require that roles
like database[1] or rabbitmq[2] be combined with the corosync role rather
than relying on dirty hiera overrides.  In the longer term this could be
useful for splitting apart some of the controller functionality into
smaller roles but still requiring that they be next to each other on nodes.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
-Alex

[0]