[openstack-dev] [mistal] Mistral logo ideas?

Dougal Matthews dougal at redhat.com
Tue Jun 28 13:53:13 UTC 2016

On 28 June 2016 at 06:38, Jason Rist <jrist at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 06/27/2016 06:57 AM, Dougal Matthews wrote:

> > > the

> > > could be
> > > the
> > >
> > > Yeah, I’m just wondering how it would look like :)
> > >

> > Yeah, for this idea we probably need somebody with artistic skills far
> > superior
> > to anything I could manage. We are getting quite a few good ideas now
> > anyway!
> >

> > Renat Akhmerov
> > > @Nokia
> > >

> Ever since I saw the blueprint for a mistral logo, I've been working on
> some ideas.  I've presented a few to Dougal and Ryan, but I'm sharing
> widely here.  I also did the one Michal came up with in Illustrator as
> well.  Please give me some feedback!  Both of the ones I thought of are
> "wind" related.  I thought about doing the ship before as well, but perhaps
> a little too war related, and also obscure.

Hey Jason,

Thanks for sending those over - I think I had only seen the first one, not
your workflow version or tornado version before.

I really like Michal's workflow idea that you built on. My only concern is
that it is quite hard to read when it is small - the letters blend into the
arrow lines as they are a similar width. Maybe with a different, or bolder
font it would work better? I only noticed this issue when looking at it via
gmail's preview of the image. Coloring the arrows or letters may help too?

As for the others, I think I prefer the mistral-tornado.png version over
mistral.png

Cool seeing so many ideas come in!