[openstack-dev] [Nova] Questions about instance actions' update and finish

Zhenyu Zheng zhengzhenyulixi at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 07:26:52 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm working on add pagination and timestamp filter for os-instance-actions
API:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/326326/
As Alex_xu pointed out that it will be better to filter by `updated_at` for
timestamp filter which is reasonable, but when I tried to modify the patch
I found out that:

1. The current APIs only called _record_action_start
(objects.InstanceAction.action_start) and never call action_finish, so the
field of `finish_time` is always empty in instance_actions table;

2. The updated_at field is also empty, should we sync the updated_at time
to the created_at time when we create the action and also update it
whenever the action status changed, e.g finished.

Thanks,
Kevin Zheng