[openstack-dev] [Fuel] Replace OSTF with Rally

Andrey Kurilin akurilin at mirantis.com
Mon Jun 27 13:57:34 UTC 2016

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 4:46 PM, Igor Kalnitsky <ikalnitsky at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> > On Jun 27, 2016, at 16:23, Alex Schultz <aschultz at mirantis.com> wrote:
> >
> > I thought Rally was more for benchmarking.  Wouldn't Tempest make more
> sense?
>
> According to Rally wiki page [1], it seems they have a verification layer
> (Tempest so far). Hm, I wonder does it mean we will need to rewrite our
> scenarios for Tempest?

Rally consists of two main components: Rally Task and Rally Verification.
They are totally separated.
Task component is fully pluggable and you can run there whatever you want
in whatever you want way.
Verification component is hardcoded now. It was designed for
managing(install, configure) and launching(execute and store results)
Tempest. But we have a spec to make this component pluggable too.

> - igor
>

> [1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Rally

Best regards,
Andrey Kurilin.