[openstack-dev] [horizon] npm lint and test problems in gate

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Jun 24 22:08:40 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-24 19:12:01 +0000 (+0000), Borland, Matt wrote:
> It seems that the npm-run jobs are both passing Jenkins even when the tests
> themselves fail.  I'm not sure why that is, but Cores in particular:
>
> Please run "npm run lint && npm run test" before you +2 (or +1) anything.
> This ensures that we don't pollute master with broken linting/tests.

I started digging into this briefly, mostly so that we could rule
out a behavior change from the switch from Jenkins to
zuul-launcher/ansible. Jobs were fully on zuul-launcher and off
Jenkins by the UTC end of the 16th[1] but according to graphite[2]
failures were seen in the check pipeline for
gate-horizon-npm-run-lint up to almost noon UTC on the 18th. Worth
noting, however, the gate-horizon-npm-run-test job uses that same
configuration (just passing a different {command}) and we're still
seeing failures[3] registered for it even now.

I also don't see any obvious changes to the configuration
gate-{name}-npm-run-{command} template or npm-run builder definition
this week to account for the behavior change.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-infra/2016-June/004435.html
[2] <URL: http://graphite.openstack.org/render/?width=800&height=400&target=None&target=stats_counts.zuul.pipeline.check.job.gate-horizon-npm-run-lint.FAILURE&from=-24days >
[3] <URL: http://graphite.openstack.org/render/?width=800&height=400&target=None&target=stats_counts.zuul.pipeline.check.job.gate-horizon-npm-run-test.FAILURE&from=-24days >

--