[openstack-dev] [all] Proposal: Architecture Working Group

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 16:15:30 UTC 2016

Hi Clint and Amrith,

Are you guys already working on the proposal ? Is there any public access
to see the first draft ?

On Wed, Jun 22, 2016 at 11:23 PM, Mike Perez <thingee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10:27 Jun 20, Clint Byrum wrote:
> > Excerpts from Doug Wiegley's message of 2016-06-20 10:40:56 -0600:
> > > So, it sounds like you’ve just described the job of the TC. And they
> have so far refused to define OpenStack, leading to a series of derivative
> decisions that seem … inconsistent over time.
> > >
> > > How is this body going to be different?
> > >
> > > How will it have any teeth, and not just end up with the standard
> entrenched projects ignoring it?
> > >

> <snip>
>
> > Engineers have no effective place to turn to right now when there is
> > a lack of design. The TC could of course do it, but what I want to do
> > is have a more open and free-flowing group that are laser focused on
> > providing support for the design of the system. I want to work out with
> > the community at large how we add weight to the designs we choose, and
> > one good option is for the Architecture Working Group to make proposals
> > to the openstack-specs repo, which the TC would ultimately approve.
> > That's not a new process, we already have it:
> >
> > http://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/cross-project.html
>
> Thanks for reminding me to update that. These are actually approved by the
> cross-project spec team now.
>

> http://governance.openstack.org/resolutions/20160414-grant-cross-project-spec-team-voting.html
>
> --
> Mike Perez

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Prooduct Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado