[openstack-dev] [midonet] NetlinkInterfaceSensor timeout causes failure of networking

Li Ma skywalker.nick at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 02:07:09 UTC 2016

Hi Midoers,

I'm running a small production system for a long time, which deploys
v2014.11 version because the Openstack cluster is Icehouse and the
end-user doesn't want to upgrade it.

Currently, this exception occurs periodically which causes network
connection failure for virtual machines.

WARN  [interface-scanner] NetlinkInterfaceSensor -  Timeout exception
thrown with value: 3000 ms

This exception occurs almost all the midolman process. If we restart
the midolman, the problem disappears for a while, but re-occurs in
several minutes. The warning is randomly appeared.

Could you guys provide some hints on the logic about it and how to get
rid of it? I just guess it is not a bug, maybe some configuration
tuning. When I went through the codes, I couldn't find the problems.

Thanks a lot,
--

Li Ma (Nick)
Email: skywalker.nick at gmail.com