[openstack-dev] RHEL free for developer use

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jun 22 13:04:09 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-22 13:42:06 +0200 (+0200), Zane Bitter wrote:
[...]
> I'm not familiar with the ancient history, but the SRPMs dating back to the
> first RHEL release in 2002 are publicly available for downloaded from:
>
> http://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/linux/enterprise/
[...]

I don't think it has always been, but it's entirely possible it was
simply not well documented in the early days of RHEL such that I
could ever find it. Also, as noted elsewhere, you can't download
RHEL 7 SRPMs there--just a readme telling you they're in Git--but
that seems good enough to me. Thanks for all the clarification!
--
Jeremy Stanley