[openstack-dev] [oslo][monasca][requirements] Kafka 1.x for Oslo.Messaging and Monasca

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 12:53:55 UTC 2016

Roland Hochmuth, Joe Keen,

The oslo.messaging folks have been trying off and on again [1] to get
to python-kafka 1.x. Right now they are waiting on the Monasca team as
we reverted python-kafka 1.x in [2] for the Monasca Team.

I still don't see a review for adding Monasca to projects.txt which is
concerning. Is there work being done to get to that point?

The oslo.messaging team will file a review to update to 1.x again when
they are ready, when that happens, we will end up breaking Monasca CI
jobs again. Unless of course Monasca is in projects.txt by that time
and adhering to requirements.

If both oslo.messaging and Monasca are under requirements, we still
need a way to move forward together. So please treat this email thread
as an opportunity to talk to each other :) Which should have started
ideally when we did [2]

Thanks,
Dims

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/kafka+project:openstack/oslo.messaging+NOT+is:merged+NOT+is:abandoned