[openstack-dev] [nova] Placement API WSGI code -- let's just use flask

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 09:43:01 UTC 2016

Le 21/06/2016 10:04, Chris Dent a écrit :
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2016, Jay Pipes wrote:
>
>> Flask seems to be the most widely used and known WSGI framework so
>> for consistency's sake, I'm recommending we just use it and not rock
>> this boat. There are more important things to get hung up on than
>> this battle right now.
>
> That seems perfectly reasonable. My main goal in starting the
> discussion was to ensure that we reach some kind of consensus,
> whatever it might be[1]. It won't be too much of an ordeal to
> turn the existing pure WSGI stuff into Flask stuff.
>
> From my standpoint doing the initial development in straight WSGI
> was a win as it allowed for a lot of clarity from the inside out.
> Now that that development has shown the shape of the API we can
> do what we need to do to make it clear from outside in.
>
> Next question: There's some support for not using Paste and
> paste.ini. Is anyone opposed to that?

Given Flask is not something we support yet in Nova, could we discuss on
that during either a Nova meeting, or maybe wait for the midcycle ?

To be honest, Chris and you were saying that you don't like Flask, and
I'm a bit agreeing with you. Why now it's a good possibility ?

Why not Routes and Paste couldn't be using also ?
See, it's a very important question, and I remember that discussing on
Nova API v3 2 years ago was also having these kinds of discussion.

-Sylvain