[openstack-dev] Version header for OpenStack microversion support

Edward Leafe ed at leafe.com
Tue Jun 21 01:41:56 UTC 2016

On Jun 18, 2016, at 9:03 AM, Clint Byrum <clint at fewbar.com> wrote:

> Whatever API version is used behind the compute API is none of the user's
> business.

Actually, yeah, it is.

If I write an app or a tool that expects to send information in a certain format, and receive responses in a certain format, I don't want that to change when the cloud operator upgrades their system. I only want things to change when I specifically request that they change by specifying a new microversion.

-- Ed Leafe