[openstack-dev] [all] Proposal: Architecture Working Group

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Mon Jun 20 20:39:41 UTC 2016

Some other topics:

* Rolling upgrades - For example, I haven't figured out a way to safely drain an rpc based service rather then just shooting it and hoping things go well... Is it safe? This safety code should be built into them all consistently.

 * How to get events to users in a usable way. OpenStack Service X event -> Some system that duplicates the event stream based on requests from users -> Multiple Zaqar Queues? -> User? Can this co-exist with Horizon using it for updating its UI without polling?

 * The state of guest agents is abysmal. Each service uses a different way to talk between controller and vm, and each has its own problems and operators need to figure out workarounds for all. Its really painful. We need something like a unified guest agent that gets the logic right, and is plugable.

Thanks,
Kevin