[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Consolidating TripleO validations with Browbeat validations

Joe Talerico jtaleric at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 16:37:19 UTC 2016

Hello - It would seem there is a little bit of overlap with TripleO
validations ( clapper validations ) and Browbeat *Checks*. I would
like to see these two come together, and I wanted to get some feedback
on this.

For reference here are the Browbeat checks :
https://github.com/openstack/browbeat/tree/master/ansible/check

We check for common deployment mistakes, possible deployment
performance issues and some bugs that could impact the scale and
performance of your cloud... At the end we build a report of found
issues with the cloud, like :
https://github.com/openstack/browbeat/blob/master/ansible/check/browbeat-example-bug_report.log

We eventually wanted to take these findings and push them to
ElasticSearch as metadata for our result data (just so we would be
aware of any BZs or possibly missed tuning).

Anyhoo, I just would like to get feedback on consolidating these
checks into TripleO Validations if that makes sense. If this does make
sense, who could I work with to see that this happens?

Thanks
Joe