[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] There is no Jenkins, only Zuul

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Mon Jun 20 13:00:39 UTC 2016

On 06/20/2016 06:47 AM, Marek Zawadzki wrote:
> Are 3d party CIs affected by this change and if yes how?
> What's the recommendation for newly created 3rd party CIs - should they
> use new zuul only or it's fine to use existing (and tested) jenkins+zuul
> configuration?

3rd party should not be affected. Gerrit event stream and reporting
interface remain the same. People should continue using jenkins+zuul as
they currently do. We'll have a full zuul v3 release coming in a few
months where we'll start suggesting 3rd party folks migrate - but even
then it'll be an option as you decide you'd like to.

> Second question - if jobs are to be launched by zuul+ansible, how will
> the worker host be chosen, by ansible-launcher? (normally as I
> understand Jenkins master takes care of deciding which hosts are free to
> run jobs)
> Are there any specs about way of managing workers (adding/removing,
> setting # of executors)?

Yes, ansible-launcher takes care of this. We haven't spent too much time
on more advanced worker management for this release, that should also
come in zuul v3. For right now we're just managing ansible-launcher
nodes as we did jenkins masters before.