[openstack-dev] [magnum] 2 million requests / sec, 100s of nodes

Ricardo Rocha rocha.porto at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 15:13:47 UTC 2016

Hi.

Just thought the Magnum team would be happy to hear :)

We had access to some hardware the last couple days, and tried some
tests with Magnum and Kubernetes - following an original blog post
from the kubernetes team.

Got a 200 node kubernetes bay (800 cores) reaching 2 million requests / sec.

Check here for some details:
https://openstack-in-production.blogspot.ch/2016/06/scaling-magnum-and-kubernetes-2-million.html

We'll try bigger in a couple weeks, also using the Rally work from
Winnie, Ton and Spyros to see where it breaks. Already identified a
couple issues, will add bugs or push patches for those. If you have
ideas or suggestions for the next tests let us know.

Magnum is looking pretty good!

Cheers,
Ricardo