[openstack-dev] [ironic] Proposing two new cores

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Thu Jun 16 15:12:31 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'd like to propose Jay Faulkner (JayF) and Sam Betts (sambetts) for the
ironic-core team.

Jay has been in the community as long as I have, has been IPA and
ironic-specs core for quite some time. His background is operations, and
he's getting good with Python. He's given great reviews for quite a
while now, and the number is steadily increasing. I think it's a
no-brainer.

Sam has been in the ironic community for quite some time as well, with
close ties to the neutron community as well. His background seems to be
in networking, he's got great python skills as well. His reviews are
super useful. He doesn't have quite as many as some people, but they are
always thoughtful, and he often catches things others don't. I do hope
to see more of his reviews.

Both Sam and Jay are to the point where I consider their +1 or -1 as
highly as any other core, so I think it's past time to allow them to +2
as well.

Current cores, please reply with your vote.

// jim