[openstack-dev] [tempest][SR-IOV] tempest breaks Mellanox CI

Lenny Verkhovsky lennyb at mellanox.com
Thu Jun 16 11:11:01 UTC 2016

Thanks,
We are investigating the failure.

From: Andrea Frittoli [mailto:andrea.frittoli at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 2:02 PM
To: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions) <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [tempest][SR-IOV] tempest breaks Mellanox CI

On Thu, Jun 16, 2016 at 11:16 AM Moshe Levi <moshele at mellanox.com<mailto:moshele at mellanox.com>> wrote:

Hi all,

A recent change  [1]  in tempest broke all Mellanox CIs.

This is the second time it happened.

After the first time it happened we decided that  Mellanox CI  will comment on tempest.

On this time I saw that Mellanox CI was commenting on that  patch with a failure but was still got approved - [2] Enabling Mellanox CI as commenting on  tempest requires  us physical resources  such as servers/NICS because it tests SR-IOV.

So I am wandering  what can be done in the future to prevent this from happen again.
A message to the DL is a good way to raise awareness on this.
Ensuring the job stability is also important, too many failures will decrease the attention on it - that said I don't have numbers for Mellanox CI failure rates, so it may be that the pass rate is already good enough.

Anyway we proposed the following fix to tempest [3]
Thanks for fixing this, and sorry about the inconvenience.
Even with the fix in, the Mellanox CI job failed, which if unfortunate.
I issued a re-check.

Andrea Frittoli

[1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/320495/

[2] - http://13.69.151.247/95/320495/20/check-sriov-tempest/Tempest-Sriov/825304c/testr_results.html.gz