[openstack-dev] [kolla] Stability and reliability of gate jobs

Paul Bourke paul.bourke at oracle.com
Wed Jun 15 10:27:09 UTC 2016

Hi David,

I agree with this completely. Gates continue to be a problem for Kolla,
reasons why have been discussed in the past but at least for me it's not
clear what the key issues are.

I've added this item to agenda for todays IRC meeting (16:00 UTC -
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Meetings/Kolla). It may help if before
hand we can brainstorm a list of the most common problems here beforehand.

To kick things off, rabbitmq seems to cause a disproportionate amount of
issues, and the problems are difficult to diagnose, particularly when
the only way to debug is to summit "DO NOT MERGE" patch sets over and
over. Here's an example of a failed centos binary gate from a simple
patch set I was reviewing this morning:
http://logs.openstack.org/06/329506/1/check/gate-kolla-dsvm-deploy-centos-binary/3486d03/console.html#_2016-06-14_15_36_19_425413

Cheers,
-Paul