[openstack-dev] [Congress] Progress on Congress support in OPNFV Colorado

SULLIVAN, BRYAN L bs3131 at att.com
Wed Jun 15 03:58:42 UTC 2016

Hi Congress team,

A quick update on progress at OPNFV on integrating Congress into the OPNFV Colorado release (Mitaka-based). With the help of RedHat (Dan Radez) and Canonical (Narinder Gupta, Liam Young) we are getting very close to upstreaming two key things to OpenStack:

-          Congress Puppet module

o   https://github.com/radez/puppet-congress has been tested successfully for the OPNFV Colorado release on Centos 7 hosts.

o   This will be used in the base OPNFV deploy for the Apex project (RDO-based installer).

o   Dan is in the process of creating the official Puppet repo at https://github.com/openstack/puppet-congress

-          Congress JuJu Charm

o   https://github.com/gnuoy/charm-congress has been tested successfully for the OPNFV Colorado release on Ubuntu Trusty and Xenial hosts.

o   This will be used in the base OPNFV deploy for the JOID project (MAAS/JuJu-based installer).

o   Canonical has asked me to initiate the creation of the https://github.com/openstack/charm-congress repo to host this. I'd appreciate any help/pointers as to how to get that started.

This module and charm will help other OPNFV projects (e.g. Doctor) as Congress will be installed by default on the OPNFV platform, with the necessary datasource drivers and configuration ready to go.

I have three policy test cases that are working reliably for Mitaka (see https://git.opnfv.org/cgit/copper/tree/tests), soon to be integrated into the OPNFV CI/CD program, and will demo them at the upcoming OPNFV Summit in Berlin next week. I'll be adding other tests and developing a tested policy library once I get over the hurdles of completing the installer support (including for FUEL and Compass, the other two OPNFV installer projects).

Feels like it's been a long road, but also that we are nearing a major milestone!

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan | AT&T