[openstack-dev] [magnum] Stable/liberty functional tests

Bunting, Niall niall.bunting at hpe.com
Tue Jun 14 13:25:14 UTC 2016

Hi,

There was work on a patch [1] to fix the liberty stable branch. However, we are running into problems with the functional tests, because the functional tests were set up differently in liberty eg. The current [2] magnum.yaml compared to the old one [3].

This leads us with two options to try and get stable/liberty passing the gate again.
1. To create a 'new' test that will have the same test setup as used in liberty.
2. To back port all the necessary changes for the tests to run successfully.

I think option one would be the better route, as that well be less likely to break any stable rules. It would also have the affect of future proofing the tests against any changes in the future.

I'm wondering what the rest of you think would be the best way to approach this problem?

Niall

1. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/303420/

2. https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/jenkins/jobs/magnum.yaml

3. https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/3d6764223981170081f151364f0d398db59513ce/jenkins/jobs/magnum.yaml<https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/jenkins/jobs/magnum.yaml><https://review.openstack.org/#/c/303420/>