[openstack-dev] [Higgins][Zun] Project roadmap

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Tue Jun 14 07:43:59 UTC 2016

On 13/06/16 18:46 +0000, Hongbin Lu wrote:

> [...]

I'd probably leave this out for now but this is just my opinion. Personally, I
think users, if presented with both APIs - nova's and Zun's - they'll prefer
Zun's.

Specifically, you don't interact with a container the same way you interact with
a VM (but I'm sure you know all these way better than me). I guess my concern is
that I don't see too much value in this other than allowing specialized services
to run containers through Nova.

>> > Are you aware of https://review.openstack.org/#/c/249282/ ?
>> This support is very minimalistic in nature, since it doesn't do
>> anything beyond just storing a docker FS tar ball.
>> I think it was felt that, further support for docker FS was needed.
>> While there were suggestions of private docker registry, having
>> something in band (w.r.t openstack) maybe desirable.
>[Hongbin Lu] Yes, Glance doesn't support layer of container images which is a missing feature.

Yup, I didn't mean to imply that would do it all for you rather that there's been
some progress there. As far as layered containers goes, you might want to look
into Glare.

Flavio