[openstack-dev] [all] what do you work on upstream of OpenStack?

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Jun 13 19:39:17 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Joshua Harlow's message of 2016-06-13 12:28:41 -0700:
> Just to clarify, upstream of openstack would be say in a library that
> interacts with openstack (jclouds for example); or docs that jclouds has
> about openstack or something like that?
>
> Or do u mean upstream of openstack to mean anything not openstack but
> openstack related (for example there are libraries under openstack, say
> the retrying library) that I wouldn't technically call upstream but
> could be called downstream (underneath?) of it.

I was thinking of something in our dependency chain, but you make
a good point.  What I'm curious about is what other open source
contributions folks have made that were in some way triggered or
related to their work on OpenStack.  That could be anything outside
of OpenStack that we use as a direct dependency (setuptools) or as
a tool (gerrit), or that "uses us" in some sense (jclouds).