[openstack-dev] [tc][pbr][packaging][all] Definition of Data Files (config) in setup.cfg

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Sat Jun 11 03:02:05 UTC 2016

The underlying problem is as you say that distutils and setuptools and
wheel are all different, and until there is a PEP addressing this
*and* implemented in both wheel and setuptools, we won't get
consistent behaviour. I'm pretty sure Daniel Hoth is interested in
making this happen - there have been threads about it on distutils-sig
inside the last year, but we (me/sachi/steven) hadn't gotten onto it
as a thing to help with. I suggest chatting to Daniel as a first point
of call to see where his effort is at and what help is needed.

Note that we *need* the wheel and setuptools behaviour to be
consistent, or we will have differences between distro package
building, devstack, and ansible uses.. amongst others.

-Rob