[openstack-dev] [nova] theoretical race between live migration and resource audit?

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 08:36:51 UTC 2016

Yes, this is a race.

However, it's my understanding that this is 'ok'. The resource tracker
doesn't claim to be 100% accurate at all times, right? Otherwise why would
it update itself in a period task in the first place. It's my understanding
that the resource tracker is basically a best effort cache, and that
scheduling decisions can still fail at the host. The resource tracker will
fix itself next time it runs via its periodic task.

Matt (not a scheduler person)

Matthew Booth

Phone: +442070094448 (UK)