[openstack-dev] [nova] Initial oslo.privsep conversion?

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Thu Jun 9 22:24:34 UTC 2016

On Fri, Jun 10, 2016 at 7:18 AM, Tony Breeds <tony at bakeyournoodle.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 08, 2016 at 08:10:47PM -0500, Matt Riedemann wrote:
>
> > Agreed, but it's the worked example part that we don't have yet,
> > chicken/egg. So we can drop the hammer on all new things until someone
> does
> > it, which sucks, or hope that someone volunteers to work the first
> example.
>
> I'll work with gus to find a good example in nova and have patches up
> before
> the mid-cycle.  We can discuss next steps then.

Sorry to be a pain, but I'd really like that example to be non-trivial if
possible. One of the advantages of privsep is that we can push the logic
down closer to the privileged code, instead of just doing something "close"
and then parsing. I think reinforcing that idea in the sample code is
important.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia