[openstack-dev] [rally] "Failed to create the requested number of tenants" error

Nate Johnston openstacknate at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 19:41:30 UTC 2016

Rally folks,

I am working with an engineer to get him up to speed on Rally on a new
development.  He is trying out running a few tests from the samples
directory, like samples/tasks/scenarios/nova/list-hypervisors.yaml - but
he keeps getting the error "Completed: Exit context: `users`\nTask
config is invalid: `Unable to setup context 'users': 'Failed to create
the requested number of tenants.'`"

This is against an Icehouse environment with Mitaka Rally; When I run
Rally with debug logging I see:

2016-06-08 18:59:24.692 11197 ERROR rally.common.broker EndpointNotFound: admin endpoint for identity service in XXXX region not found

However I note that $OS_AUTH_URL is set in the Rally deployment... see
http://paste.openstack.org/show/509002/ for the full log.

Any ideas you could give me would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

--N.